Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Journal of Film Music

Last night at small group, I was playing the drums (tapping) to the Ashley's testimony. It was like composing the music for film - except straight through...

Today, I am reading this journal about it...and develping piano improv chops and ears.

Tomorrow, I'll be.... studying scores, practicing chording (of songs of course), developing skills (based around projects) in Reason and Sibelius, and writing music in collaboration for others films/projects. In the near tomorrow, I can start with making drum tracks for videos (ie. for Vineyard announcements) in Reason/Ableton.

The beauty/power of music and all art lies in its ability to convey/enhance paricular emotions for different circumstances. Studying other forms of art (dance, visual, literature, cooking, etc...) can enhance/build depth into my own form. Also studying many style periods of music will help this too!
Keeping this in mind every time I begin to practice/play/write/arrange will make the music move beyond technical notes; it will come to life and bring about change for me and for the audience.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home